1. Miceli Vela is committed to the full respect of the RYA policies, in accordance with the Bribery Act 2010.
The RYA prohibits absolutely the offering, the giving, the solicitation and the acceptance of any bribe, whether cash or other inducement, regardless of size:
- to or from any person or company;
- by any individual employee, committee member, volunteer, agent or other person;
- in order to gain any commercial, contractual or regulatory illegal or unethical advantage ;
- or in order to gain any personal advantage, pecuniary or otherwise, for the individual or anyone connected with the individual.
Interpreting the Policy
2. It is not the intention of the policy to prevent the following:
- normal and appropriate hospitality in the course of business;
- the giving and receiving of ceremonial gifts.
However, such hospitality or gifts must be in moderation and not place any expectation on the recipient to reciprocate either in like or by performing, or failing to perform, any other task in return.
3. If there is any doubt as to whether an action might constitute bribery the matter should be referred to our services
Preventing and Reporting Bribery
4. All persons working for Miceli Vela and on behalf of us, have a responsibility to prevent, detect and report bribery. Should you hold any suspicion of bribery or attempted bribery committed by or against an employee, volunteer, agent or other party acting in our working environment it must be reported immediately to our principal or owner.